Centre of Excellence for
The Centre of Excellence for Prescribed Burning is a practical, useful hub for prescribed burning practitioners to share knowledge and experience for increased capability. The Centre communicates guiding frameworks and principles developed under the National Burning Project, to promote a holistic and consistent approach to prescribed burning practices, and supports the implementation of those practices by agencies.
The Centre also facilitates ongoing engagement across the industry, building agency capability to deliver prescribed burning informed by research and good practice.
Aims of the Centre of Excellence:
- ensuring utilisation of National Burning Project products
- facilitating practitioner engagements across jurisdictions
- increasing capability of staff by providing credible knowledge
- addressing ‘wicked problems’ competently and effectively through collaborative effort
- increasing national connectedness of people to each other and to country
- informing research direction, policy development and good practice
- research utilisation
- disseminating lessons learnt