DisasterMapper updated with new incidents
Twenty-one incidents have been added to the DisasterMapper, available through the AIDR Knowledge Hub.
The new additions cover a variety of natural hazards and emergencies from around Australia. Each record is linked to observations provided by the relevant emergency services agencies to support a culture of lessons management.
There are updates in every Australian state and territory, including recent disasters:
- 2019 Cyclone Veronica in Western Australia
- 2019 Eastern Victorian bushfires
- 2019 Campbellfield warehouse fire in Victoria
- 2019 storms and floods in Townsville
- 2018 apartment block failure in NSW.
All incidents are drawn from the 2018-19 Major Incidents Report, which highlights significant incidents that have been of impact or consequence for fire and emergency services, as identified by the sector.
As the current caretaker of the DisasterMapper, AIDR continues to maintain the collection, with additional records periodically added.