Evolving the Australian Disaster Resilience Handbook Collection
AIDR is pleased to announce the following handbooks have been agreed for review and development in 2019-20.
- Emergency Planning (2004)
- Flood Planning for Disaster Resilience (2009) – incorporating a review of Flood Preparedness, Flood Warning, Flood Response and Emergency Management Planning for Floods Affected by Dams
- Community Engagement, Communication and Inclusion for Disaster Resilience – incorporating a review of the National Strategy for Disaster Resilience: Community Engagement Framework (2013), Emergency Managers’ Guidelines for Communicating with People with a Disability (2013), Guidelines for Emergency Management in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities (2007), Guidelines for the development of Community Education, Awareness and Engagement Programs (2010)
Handbooks are developed with input from a broad cross section of people from different organisations from around the country and your input is valuable. AIDR is looking for people to participate in each of these working groups.
To nominate yourself or someone from your organisation to participate in one of these working groups, please email: Ella.Wilkinson@aidr.org.au
Receiving feedback from key stakeholders is important to ensure the national principles reflect and support the needs of a broad cross-section of users. We invite you to contribute your thoughts on a number of handbooks in review or development.
- Community Engagement, Communication and Inclusion for Disaster Resilience Handbook Survey
- Emergency Planning Handbook Survey
- Flood Planning for Disaster Resilience Handbook Survey
For further information about these projects or to nominate yourself or someone from your organisation to participate in a working groups, please email: Ella.Wilkinson@aidr.org.au