Help build the AIDR handbook collection
In 2022-23 AIDR is scheduled to review the Managing Exercises and Managing the Floodplain handbooks and is also developing the new Animals in Disaster handbook.
AIDR is seeking expressions of interest from writers to support the scoping, review and development of these handbooks.
Writers will ideally have relevant subject knowledge, skills in research, collaboration and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes, synthesis and organisation of information from a range of sources and be able to write effectively for a public audience.
The Handbooks will incorporate up to date evidence from research and leading practice, and expert advice from key stakeholders on the need to incorporate national guidance.
To discuss the opportunities further, please contact Katelyn Samson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working group members
AIDR is also seeking working group nominations for each of the three handbooks to join the Australian Disaster Resilience Handbook Collection.
The new handbooks will be developed with input from a broad cross section of stakeholders and subject matter experts from the disaster risk reduction and resilience sectors in Australia. AIDR is currently seeking expressions of interest and nominations from relevant subject matter experts to join the handbook working groups.
The role of the working group is to:
- Provide expertise and guidance on content for the handbook.
- Consult broadly across their organisation and jurisdiction to ensure an all hazards, multi-agency approach is represented.
- Ensure the handbook reflects current good practice both within Australia and overseas.
- Represent, seek direction, and communicate decisions as both an organisational and jurisdictional representative on the working group.
- Promote a nationally consistent approach to the development, interpretation, adoption, and application of the handbook.
- Ensure the handbook complements and is consistent (without overlapping) with other existing or proposed publications or other doctrine collections.
- Achieve project objectives through working within the project scope and participating in an integrated and collaborative approach with other members of the working group and broader stakeholder group.
Please submit your expression of interest or nominations to: email@example.com.