Melbourne to host severe weather masterclass
Melbourne will host disaster managers and volunteers at the Meteorology for Disaster Managers Masterclass in April.
Facilitated by weather experts from the Bureau of Meteorology, the one-day masterclass will provide attendees with valuable insights and a deepened understanding of weather and climate.
The inaugural masterclass was held in Sydney last year, with 100% of attendees recommending the event to others.
“The presenter’s knowledge was outstanding – great content and relatable,” one participant wrote.
The Melbourne event will cover a range of topics including:
- basic principles of weather forecasting
- global circulation, the atmosphere and synoptic weather charts
- understanding rainfall forecasts
- thunderstorms and severe weather
- flood forecasts and warnings
- fire weather and heatwaves
- how to use weather and warning information to make better informed decisions
- navigating the Bureau of Meteorology website.
The practical masterclass is tailored to the disaster resilience community. Course materials will be provided in advance if attendees wish to read prior to the masterclass.
Group discounts may be provided for groups of three of more, for more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Meteorology for Disaster Managers Masterclass will take place on 28 April at the Paramount Room, QT Hotel Melbourne.
For more information on the Meteorology for Disaster Managers Masterclass, please visit the AIDR events page.