Prescribed burning panel addresses impact of climate change
The Centre of Excellence for Prescribed Burning panel discussion at AFAC18 is now available as a webinar.
The Centre of Excellence for Prescribed Burning has released their latest informative webinar, concerning the challenges for prescribed burning in a changing climate.
The webinar, pre-recorded at the AFAC18 conference in Perth, features a panel chaired by Executive Director Department of Fire and Emergency Services Western Australia, Murray Carter. The panel addressed the issue from the perspective of land managers, ecologists, Traditional Owners, research and national policy.
- Dr Neil Burrows, Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Attractions, Western Australia
- Fiona Gill, Department for Environment and Water, South Australia
- Dr Richard Thornton, Bushfire and Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre
- Oral McGuire, Gundi Consulting
- Judy Palmer, United States Forest Service
- Deb Sparkes, Centre of Excellence for Prescribed Burning
The one-hour webinar is now available on the Centre of Excellence for Prescribed Burning YouTube channel. The slides from the panellists are also available through the AFAC18 conference proceedings.