Resilient Australia Awards 2020 winners annouced
AIDR was pleased to host the 21st Resilient Australia Awards National Ceremony in at the National Museum in Canberra, an event that showcased initiatives contributing to the development of a disaster resilient Australia.
For the first time in the history of the awards, the National Ceremony was streamed live to share the announcing of the awards with an online audience. The National Ceremony was supported by Suncorp.
During her address at the National Ceremony, AIDR Executive Director Amanda Leck acknowledged the efforts of all initiatives submitted to the Resilient Australia Awards.
'Congratulations to all who submitted projects and photos for this year’s program – your efforts are truly inspiring', she said.
Find out more about this year’s winning projects and the finalists nominated in each category below:
2020 Resilient Australia National Award
- Queensland Centre for Perinatal and Infant Mental Health - Birdie's Tree universal resources: Growing together through natural disasters
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries - Drought and Climate Adaption Program
- JDA CO Pty Ltd - Building Australia's Residential Flood Resilience
- ABC - ABC Emergency Broadcasting
- Next Steps Inc - Ask Me What I Need
- Queenslanders with Disability Network - Person-Centred Emergency Preparedness (PCEP) Planning for COVID-19 for people with disability
- Bendigo Foodshare - Resilient Central Victoria Rescues, Grows, Cooks and Shares for Food Security
- Nikki Woods - The Driveway Project
- Blair Horgan - From A Different Angle
- James Morris - Toddler of hero father presented with bravery medal
- City of Hobart - Resilient Hobart
- The Shire of Bruce Rock - Bruce Rocks' Community Supermarket
- Scenic Rim Regional Council - Scenic Rim Farm Box
- Thuringowa State High School - Disaster Resilience for a Changing Climate Grand Challenge
- Augusta Primary School - Year 6 - Exploring Augusta's Emergency Services
- Timboon P-12 School - STEP UP!, Timboon Agriculture Project (TAP)